5 Questions with Luray's Travis Smink

Just to show that it wasn't all fun and games down in the Wrangler pen, I did manage to ask VMI's pitcher a few questions...

1.You are coming back from Tommy John surgery, describe the experience...
"It was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I didn't experience the Pop that everyone talks about but after two more pitches I knew I was in trouble."
2.Which was tougher to handle, the injury or the rehab?
"The rehab was the worst part. I was going through it 3 times a week trying to get back into playing shape."
3. Where there ever any doubts you would make it all the way back?
"There were days were I wondered about it but I just kept focusing on being positive through it all."
4. How would you rate your start in the Valley season up to now?
"I didn't start a game this season until the very end at VMI, when one of our starters was hurt so to be 3-0 after three starts I'm pretty happy. I will be back out there Thursday night against New Market again. Cory Johnson really helped me out against them last time with his 2 homers."
5. Do you have any competition for the UN-official team joker here on the staff?
"I would have to say that Kyle (Cichy) is pretty funny as well. I knew the first night when the 10 of us that were here got together that we had something special."

Popular posts from this blog

Time to List the Folks that we Believe In and try our Best to Show Support For : Other than the WNBA & College Bowl 🥣 Games