Thursday September 25TH : The Lighter Side of Things

What a Day !!! After finishing my work day I headed over to H-Burg to watch the Stadium put up another good fight as they continue to dismantle her. Always fun to trade stories with Teresa Wease at the park and we were both assured that Friday will be the day that the park finally bites the dust.

After a few hours of hanging out in the parking lot and talking VBL baseball for a while it was time to jump a couple of Mountain Ranges to get over to the Strasburg Rams vs. Madison County Mountaineers Volleyball match.

Greg Maddux was scheduled to make his final regular season start at 10:10 PM against the San Diego Padres. At 42 years of age you have to ask- last start of this season or last of his career? My money and my hopes are on Maddux coming back for one more season. The schedule was changed after Arizona lost in the afternoon, giving the Dodgers the West and making the game anti-climatic. Torre will have Maddux take the mound Saturday night at San Francisco.

Bridgewater College (12-3) VB was on the road with a match down at Ferrum and a check of the BC web-site informs us that the Lady Eagles swept the Panthers (3-0) 25-20,25-19 & 25-16. Tricia Davis tallied 34 assists for the match and BC will return to action at home on Saturday with an 11:00 AM match versus ODAC favorite Washington & Lee.

The trip to Madison is really something special if you approach it from the West. Go to Madison on US-29 and it is nice enough but to fully appreciate the beauty you need to see it from Luray or Sperryville. As I was thinking this very thing, something rather large jumped out in front of my car while I was driving 55 MPH in the rain.

I told my daughter later that every time I tell the story the Black Bear adds 50 pounds. I switched over to the left lane to avoid hitting my new friend and then with my right hand tried to grab my camera and get a picture of the "Grizzly". He/She refused to wait around for me to visit with but I did catch a couple of pics of the BEAR from 300 yards after the fact!

The gamer about the match can be found right under this post but I still have two pieces of business to add to this.

#1 - For Generals Sign Guy Mike (and any others with a few minutes and an interest). Bill Meade's pick games for this week are as follows:

High School:
Page County @ Madison County
George Mason @ Luray
Spotswood @ Stuarts Draft
Clarke County @ Riverheads

NCAA:
Virginia @ Duke
Va Tech @ Nebraska
Alabama @ Georgia
Wisconsin @ Michigan

NFL:
Washington @ Dallas
Philadelphia @ Chicago
Green Bay @ Tampa Bay
Minnesota @ Tennessee


One more note to add for anyone that might be heading over to Madison County. First, if you see my BEAR please give my regards and second, if you are hungry you should think about stopping at TWO BROTHERS PIZZA & SUBS (312 N. Main Street). Every time I have a reason to be in Madison County I make it a point to stop and eat at Two Brothers.

Last night was no different as I stopped by after the Volleyball match for a sub sandwich and given an opportunity to have a five minute conversation...

Check out the pics of the family friendly restaurant and you will notice Mom & Dad, one of the Two Brothers and a fellow co-worker. Neat family running a true Mom & Pop family place and if have the a reason to stop in let them know you heard about it from Around The Valley!

Life we be great right now if it wasn't time for me to go back to work right now. Tomorrow will see the final stages of Veterans Memorial Stadium coming down as well as Week #6 of ESPN-1240 Augusta County High School football broadcasting...

Have a blessed day!










































Popular posts from this blog

Time to List the Folks that we Believe In and try our Best to Show Support For : Other than the WNBA & College Bowl 🥣 Games

Central High School - Coach Jerry Walters & The Falcons Family Tree- Pics 1ST