Top Ten List : 10 reasons I became a part of the Waynesboro Generals- #10 Tyler Kuhn

I was new to the Valley and new to the VBL a few years ago when I attended my first VBL game as a stringer/part time reporter for the Northern Virginia Daily. I wanted to learn as much as I could about the league and the players so that I could be an informed source for the NVD's readers.
____________________________________
This sent me in search of anything that I could connect with the players and the teams. Even though I lived in Luray, the NVD didn't cover Wranglers home games so I was a few games in to the season before I stumbled across a line on a bio page. The Wranglers had a young man playing short stop that was from Trinity High School in Louisville, Kentucky.
____________________________________
Trinity High School stood out to me because my brother Wayne lives there and I was familiar with the area. I decided to follow the efforts of this young man from West Virginia University that night at Rebel Park. Tyler Kuhn was not hard to follow that evening as he managed to go 5 for 5 with if I remember right, one or two triples.
____________________________________
I have never been overly impressed by stats or numbers but I am impressed by people. After the first time I met Tyler Kuhn is a conversation that will stay with me for years to come. This young man is as solid off the field as he is on it and then some. The fact that he would later earn MVP honors for the VBL was an after thought the following season when he came back. I just knew that I would enjoy watching Kuhn play another season in Luray.
____________________________________
Tyler has moved on to playing minor league baseball in the White Sox organization after being drafted in the 15TH round. He played in the Rookie Pioneer League at Great Falls and had an impressive first season for the Voyagers. Kuhn batted .375 over 62 games and I am sure is looking forward to the upcoming season.
____________________________________
Bruce Alger of New Market has always told me that he does it for the kids. You hear that but it took me spending some time around one of the most well rounded people I have met to understand this. As I mentioned to Tyler earlier today, this young man is how I will measure baseball players in the future. Talent is one thing but remembering who you are and where you came from is another.
____________________________________
Tyler Kuhn was the VBL MVP in 2006 in more ways than one and I am thankful for getting to come along for the ride in both 2006 & 2007.You can follow Tyler's 2009 Summer through John Leonard's site at www.allthingsvalleyleague.typepad.com
____________________________________

Popular posts from this blog

Time to List the Folks that we Believe In and try our Best to Show Support For : Other than the WNBA & College Bowl 🥣 Games

Central High School - Coach Jerry Walters & The Falcons Family Tree- Pics 1ST